Rafah crossing from Egypt to Gaza, Summer 2009, by Cindy & Craig Corrie
This webpage is a living resource where the Rachel Corrie Foundation curates some of the best materials and resources focusing on the people of Gaza, the Israeli siege of the Gaza Strip and Gazans living in exile around the world. The page will continue to be a work in progress and primarily feature English sources. Whether you are interested in doing research or simply want to keep up with news, consider our webpage as a start to your learning and exploration of Gaza’s history, heritage, and people.
OCHA Gaza Strip Access Map, August 2016
- Tareq Baconi, “How Israel’s 10-Year Blockade Brought Gaza to the Brink of Collapse,” The Nation, July 7, 2017
- Visualizing Palestine, Gaza’s Untold Story: From Displacement to Death
- Gaza In Context
- Palestine Remembered, Gaza District
- Ma’an News Agency, Gaza Section
ON THE MOST RECENT Assaults, Attacks and Invasions of Gaza:
- Institute for Middle East Understanding, 50 Days of Death & Destruction: Israel’s ‘Operation Protective Edge’, 10 September 2014
- Human Rights Watch, Israel: In-Depth Look at Gaza School Attacks, September 11, 2014
- Visualizing Palestine, Israeli & Palestinian Ceasefire Violations
PALESTINIAN NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS based in or focusing on Gaza:
- Palestinian Centre for Human Rights, Gaza City, Palestine
- Al-Mezan Center for Human Rights, Gaza City, Palestine
- Aid Watch Palestine, Ramallah, Palestine
INTERNATIONAL NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS operating in Gaza:
- United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) in the Gaza Strip
- Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in the Gaza Strip
- Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), occupied Palestinian territories (oPt), Gaza situation maps
- American Friends Service Committee, Gaza page
- Palestine Children’s Relief Fund (PCRF)
- Dina Matar and Helga Tawil-Souri (eds.), Gaza as Metaphor, London: Hurst Publishers, 2016.
- Ilana Feldman, Governing Gaza, Durham: Duke University Press, 2008.
- Sara Roy, “De-Development Revisited: Palestinian Economy and Society since Oslo,” Journal of Palestine Studies 28.3 (1999): 64-82.
- Sara Roy, “The Gaza Strip: A Case of Economic De-Development,” Journal of Palestine Studies 17.1 (1987): 56-88.
- JadMag collections: “Gaza Revisited” (Issue 1.3) and “Gaza in Context” (Issue 4.1).
HUMAN STORY sources:
- Stories from Gaza, “We are not numbers”
- American Friends Service Committee, Gaza Unlocked
- Gaza: Life on the Strip – Newsmakers
The following are a series of photos recovered from Rachel Corrie’s camera. The photos are from 2003 when she was in Rafah and the area of Southern Gaza.