JOB DESCRIPTION – WORK STUDY
Title: Office & Project Management Assistant
Report to: Administrative Manager
*Currently open to TESC, SPSCC, and St. Martin’s students*
This is a part-time, hybrid (6-8 hr/week) Work Study position with the Rachel Corrie Foundation for Peace and Justice, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Olympia. Continuing the work that Rachel Corrie began, the foundation conducts and supports programs that foster connections between people, that build understanding, respect, and appreciation for differences, and that promote cooperation within and between local and global communities. The foundation encourages and supports grassroots efforts in pursuit of human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice, which we view as prerequisites for world peace. Current emphasis is on the Middle East.
The Office & Project Management Assistant works closely with management staff, the Board of Directors, designated committees, interns, volunteers, partner organizations, the public, and program constituents to help develop and carry out daily operations, programs, and projects of the Rachel Corrie Foundation (RCF). Within a collaborative, team environment, the Office &Project Management Assistant works with administrative staff and the Board President to support day-to-day functioning of the Rachel Corrie Foundation office, including RCF communications, donor management, fundraising, community outreach, and organizational goals. This position also shares responsibility for project management, including planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of RCF programs and associated projects.
The student will…
…support general operations of the Rachel Corrie Foundation, under supervision of the Administrative Manager, with the intent of acquiring skills related to running a small nonprofit organization.
…assist with events and projects, including fielding of event requests, planning, communications, and implementation of RCF sponsored and co-sponsored events and programs.
…forward electronic and email inquiries to staff.
…support the creation of written communications such as emails, pamphlets, educational and promotional materials.
…learn and communicate general information relating to RCF’s project and mission.
…support maintenance of electronic and hard copy records associated with designated programs, projects, events, and general record keeping.
- Some knowledge of and/or interest in social justice and the Arab world, particularly the Israel/Palestine issue
- Energetic self-starter who is detail oriented, organized, prompt, and efficient, with ability to prioritize tasks according to deadlines, to multitask, manage time wisely, and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and to work in a team
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Strong interest in serving and working with the public, and ability to do so in a courteous, professional manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in or ability to learn Microsoft Office including Word, Publisher, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Email proficiency
- Experience with or ability to learn to use Google Drive and Google applications, and/or databases
- Ability to work scheduled part-time hours, to be present on occasional evenings for meetings, and to assist with foundation sponsored events
EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS TO BE DERIVED BY THE STUDENT: The student will gain experience, knowledge, and skills in all areas of community engagement and education around social justice issues and the functioning of a small nonprofit organization, including (but not limited to) daily office management and operations, meeting planning and facilitation, communications, project and event planning and implementation, community outreach, and development and fundraising.
Start Date: October 1st or until a qualified candidate is identified
To Apply: The Rachel Corrie Foundation for Peace and Justice is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants who qualify for Washington State Work Study are encouraged to apply. Applications will be held in strict confidence. Please submit a letter of interest and résumé with full employment history to [email protected], through Handshake, or by postal mail to Rachel Corrie Foundation for Peace and Justice, 203 East 4th Avenue, Suite 402, Olympia, WA 98501.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. The position will be open until a qualified candidate is identified. For a copy of the full job description, please contact [email protected] or call the RCF office at (360) 754-3998.