If your organization is seeking co-sponsorship or help with publicizing your event, please submit your request by filling out the following form.
- This event has passed.
Peace Works 2018: Middle Eastern Film Festival
September 15 @ 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm$5 – $30
- 2 PM: The Prophet, an animated children’s film based on the writings of Lebanese-American writer, poet, and visual artist Khalil Gibran. Exiled artist and poet Mustafa embarks on a journey home with his housekeeper and her daughter; together the trio must evade the authorities who fear that the truth in Mustafa’s words will incite rebellion.
- 5 PM: Persepolis, an adult animated biographical comedy-drama film, based on Marjane Satrapi’s autobiographical graphic novel of the same name, about a precocious and outspoken Iranian girl growing up during the Islamic Revolution.
- 8 PM: Naila and the Uprising, a documentary, chronicles the remarkable journey of Naila Ayesh whose story weaves through the most vibrant, nonviolent mobilization in Palestinian history — the First Intifada in the late 1980s.
- Photography exhibit, “A Day in the Life of Yemen”, showcasing the work of Luke Somers, a British-born American freelance photographic journalist and resident of Yemen, who was held hostage and killed by al-Qaeda in 2014.
- Children’s activities, film Q&A sessions, and opportunities to get involved with RCF.